(This is a very broad subject and I will go through one portion/piece each weekend)
(Sorry for the lack of updates, please refer to my previous post!)
(However I do check peoples blogs daily! ;] )
What many people stress over about is their weight. In society people have a hard time losing weight/fat/ whatever their goals are. It is simple. KISS = Keep it simple stupid! One needs to know about Calories in vs. Calories out. The basic fundamentals of losing weight! Here are some easy steps to start out!
1) Find your BMR (Basal Metobolic Rate)
- This is the amount of calories you need to consume to maintain your body if you were comatose (base level)
Men: BMR = 66 + [13.7 x weight (kg)] + [5 x height (cm)] - [6.76 x age (years)]
Women: BMR = 655 + [9.6 x weight (kg)] + [1.8 x height (cm)] - [4.7 x age (years)]
2) Calculate how much food you eat
- Yes, this includes counting calories. Your consumption is VERY important.
- What you eat greatly affects your outcome on losing weight
- Daily Exercise also contributes to a healthy lifestyle
Let's say I have a BMR of 2500 calories a day. If I was sitting on my ass all day playing video games, I'd need to consume 2500 calories daily to function properly, WITHOUT losing or gaining weight. Now, 3500 calories equals 1 pound. So if you reduce 500 calories a day, in my case, to 2000 calories a day; in a week, I would have lost around 1 pound. Now what if that isn't enough? That's where the exercise comes into play. If you exercise or work out daily, you'd be burning so many calories! So if I cut back to 2000 calories a day, and I exercise for 1 hour; let's say in this case, I burn 500 calories at the gym today (hypothetically), I'd be cutting out 1000 calories daily. At this rate, I'd be losing 2 pounds a week.
SIMPLE as that. Next time I'll be going over other stuff! Stay tuned!